Delete account - Microsoft Teams

Anonymous
2019-12-29T09:00:08+00:00

Split from this thread.

I have the same issue with MS teams.  I have signed out and will not let me sign in with work account.  Just says that I have a work account.  Asks for for sign in but does nothing.  However the personal account is listed that needs to go away.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-30T15:23:37+00:00

    I want to delete my Microsoft account

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-29T11:03:16+00:00

    Hi Jason Monroe,

    May I first know which device are you using? Since the methods for different platform will be different.

    If you encounter this problem on your iOS device, this may because that your iOS app is managed by app protection policies of your organization.

    Typically, you will get such a notice: "The apps on this device are already managed. Only a single managed account is allowed on a device. Select account you want to remove. This account and all associated data will be removed from all managed apps.". In this situation, only one managed work account supports to be used. The second work account will be removed mandatorily, it depends on which one you would like to use.

    To sign in the account you want to use, you can first go to Settings > Sign out, and sign out the existed account. Then add another account back.

    An additional personal account is also allowed, to add it: click the left top area in Teams, choose Settings > Add account > Add existing account, then you are expected to add a your personal account.

    If the above information will not be helpful for your situation, please kindly post back and provide us with a screenshot of the error page. So that we can help you better.

    Best,

    Shawn

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-18T10:45:32+00:00

    Hello,

    I am using a windows laptop.

    I have installed Microsoft Teams but Business, but also have some how added a personal account.

    It does not give me an option to remove the personal account from the business account in terms of log in details.

    It allows me to switch between accounts, but I just want to remove it altogether.

    Ideas?

    I have contact Microsoft support team already and they have said to use this.

    Thanks

    Dean

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-05T16:49:26+00:00

    i'm facing quite a close problem as well. i would like to switch my MSTeams account to a personal one as first i set is  "for school" due to the online studying situation and they signed me in as a "guest" but later they sent me another main account and now i'm unable to use my main one for any other work purposes and i truly need it to join other business meeting but it won't allow me as my profile is set to "School", is there anyway to set it as a personal account ? or even deactivate it so i could sign up again using the same address ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-09T15:49:17+00:00

    I have a similar but different problem. I am on ios (ipad) right now, and I made a mistake in my account, I would like to permanently delete it. Aftr I delete my account, would it still be possible to make a brand new one with the same email? 

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments