How do I get rid of "let's get started" activation page after kms activation?

Anonymous
2016-05-17T20:42:53+00:00

I have 2 new Dell XPS 15 laptops with Win 10 Pro, OS licensed via UEFI.  I uninstalled trial office without opening it and loaded Office 2016 Pro and activated it via KMS:

Still, opening any Office app brings up the Let's get Started" page wanting me to try/buy/activate Office:

How do I stop the activation page?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-16T19:36:39+00:00

Hello,

Thanks again for your patience while we figure out a valid solution for this issue. We have created an article that provides a workaround to remove the activation window message from reappearing: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170450.

Our engineering team is working on fixing this issue moving forward but we hope that the link above will resolve this issue on your machines via this workaround.

Thanks,

Michelle V

The Office Team

Was this answer helpful?

700+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-05-30T11:43:33+00:00

    This one is very easy to fix.

    1. Open run window by pressing win+r type installer
    2. Right click on the details bar and select more and then add subject.
    3. Xlose this window and perform step 1 again.
    4. Check dor subject that says something like ******** Run Licensing Component.
    5. Right click on that msi and click uninstall.

    we are done. Yay!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-05-22T05:08:56+00:00

    Link did not work, I am getting very rustrrated with this activation sreen always apppearing!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-22T21:22:06+00:00

    Hi,

    Editing registry is very complicated as data on it can be change easily. Changes you made can cause major issues on your computer. If the troubleshooting steps provided by the community members above did not work, we recommend contacting Microsoft Answer Desk. The question you have on searching registry for the resolution is best suited for them.

    Don't hesitate to reply if you have other concerns.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-21T20:27:56+00:00

    This did not solve my issue.  I had uninstalled the Office 365 before installing volume license Office 2016, when the pop ups appear with any office product launched.   I did follow the registry instructions.  They are still appearing.  What else can I search for in the registry to get this to stop.  

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments