Question mark Office 365 profile

Anonymous
2017-01-24T15:26:04+00:00

Hello,

Our users are getting a question mark next to Office 365 profile picture.

What does this question mark means?

Regards,

Ari Piroozi

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-02-03T06:22:54+00:00

Hi Everyone,

Our engineering team is still working on this issue. As I know, the feature of “green question mark” wasn’t fully deployed to all the tenant yet. Currently, we don’t have an ETA for fixing this. Furthermore, once you login to IM in Office 365 OWA or Skype For Business client, there is no problem for others to check your status.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue again, and do appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-03-07T02:43:17+00:00

Hi Everyone,

Since most users reported that the issue had been fixed and we also confirmed it from our related team, this thread would no longer be monitored by community support. If you are still experiencing a similar issue, please let us know by starting a new thread in our forum. We can focus on it to provide corresponding troubleshooting steps.

Thanks for your time and understanding.

Best Regards,

Erick

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-31T15:49:31+00:00

    It is a bug. Unfortunately, Microsoft hasn't been very forthcoming about any solutions.

    I have a user that does not have a Skype license and still has the ? mark so that is not the cause.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-31T15:40:28+00:00

    I opened OWA and Delve,  the status indicator for OWA changes changes with the Skype status but Delve and Sharepoint do not, the question mark remains.  Obviously, this is the Skype status indicator. I did check for our SRV records and they appear to be setup correctly.  I received a message about a week ago that one of them was amiss and ran the provided diagnostic that MS offered to check and correct.  As for number of clients, we have 16 clients and all of them exhibit this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-31T15:25:12+00:00

    Hi JonAlbright,

    Thanks for the screenshot. It looks like that I have reproduced the behavior as yours. 

    To further look into the issue, please provide the following for further analysis:

    1. What about you log in to OWA, and then change the Skype for Business status, will the green question mark disappear?
    2. Please check whether the SRV record is set up correctly via this article - Create DNS records for Office 365 at any DNS hosting provider
    3. The issue affected scope. How many people encounter the same issue your organization?

    Thanks,

    Lance

    Hi Lance,

    I've performed the skype presence change on my account and it did not change the green question mark on my profile picture in the portal.

    I've ran another DNS check from within the Admin Center to ensure my records are correct for my domain.

    All users on my tenant are experiencing this and I have other people in my organization with their own tenants that are experiencing the same thing as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments