Office for Mac 2016

Anonymous
2015-07-09T15:52:16+00:00

Today I’m pleased to announce the release of Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac.

Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac enables you do your best work – anywhere, anytime and with anyone. New, modern versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote have the familiar look and feel of Office, and are thoughtfully designed for Mac. You’ll quickly produce quality documents using new online templates, the Insights pane, and recommended charts. You’ll have access to your docs in the cloud whenever you need them. No more sending documents back and forth in email: it’s easy to share your work and have others review it, since several people can edit the same document simultaneously.

What are the system requirements?

Your Mac device needs to be on OS X 10.10 Yosemite or above.

How do I get Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac?

Office 365 subscribers can get Office 2016 for Mac fromOffice.com/myaccount.  If you don’t have an Office 365 subscription you can purchase from Office.com.

How should I update the Preview build to the Release build?

The update will be available shortly.  You can install the update by going to Help > Check for Updates. Otherwise, the Microsoft Auto-Update Tool will inform you sometime today or tomorrow that an update is available. 

Thank you for participating in the preview. Keep your feedback coming.

What languages are supported?

  • Brazilian Portuguese
  • Chinese (Simplified)
  • Chinese (Traditional)
  • Danish
  • Dutch
  • English
  • Finnish
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Norwegian Bokmal
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish

For Help information or community support, please visit the following links:

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-21T22:24:49+00:00

    Pablo, Office version 14 and 15 can run side by side without any issues. So updating to 14.5.3 is not only fine but recommended. Updating 14 will NOT remove Office 15.

    And yes, setting the auto updater to check automatically will notify you of both version of office when newer version are available. 

    At some point when you are happy with 15 (which will hopefully be soon), you can make a call to trash the 14 apps so they don't take up space and just use 15 exclusively.

    Hope this helps.

    Thanks!

    /Faisal J.

    Program Manager | Outlook for Mac

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-21T04:02:49+00:00

    Since, due to the crashes I described using Outlook 2016 for Mac I was forced to go back to Outlook 2011 for Mac, when I run the auto update tool it tells me there is an update available to Office 2011 14.5.3, which is weird, since all the apps in Office 2016 for Mac are 15.x.x. If I were to do what the updater is telling me I would be going back to Office 2011, right? Will the updater eventually tell me when updates are available for MSO 2016 as well?

    Pablo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-21T03:45:41+00:00

    Pablo, Faisal:

    Pardon me for my inability to reply to your responses earlier. I was trying frantically to reply to them but couldn't log on to this site. I posted this message, which bounced:

    "On Jul 20, 2015, at 11:17 PM, Mustafa Malik <******@outlook.com> wrote:

    "Hello, I posted a question of the Office support community about my World 2016 and am getting responses, but I can't respond because I can't log on to the Community forum. Is it because I use a Mac OSX and the community forum is for PC Windows users? How can I log on to the Community's discussion forum?"

    Now I understand the problem: I was using Firefox, which doesn't work for this site. Safari does, which I'm using now.

    Thanks, buddies for being very helpful.

    Yes, I got the Word 16 shortcuts, but would you know when Office is going to release the user manual or online tutorials for Word 2016?

    Thanks again.

    Ratan48

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-21T03:09:05+00:00

    Pablo, the best way to do this is via the Auto update tool, open any office app, click on Help > check for updates. In that dialog, set it to check for updates automatically and set the frequency to whatever works best for you. This way, as soon as a new version is released, you will be notified to update (based on the frequency you set). 

    I will also look into whether there is a distribution list you can join for notifications.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-21T01:02:50+00:00

    Faisal,

    What's the best way to stay tuned for that? Will you be sending a new email to all your Office 365 user base or should I subscribe to a particular notification?

    Pablo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments