I can't see the recent files office 2016

Anonymous
2015-10-18T13:21:02+00:00

Since I upgrading to Office 2016, I can not see the recent files of Office applications. I uninstalled the application I installed several times and not working. I have Windows 10 pro installed.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-11-10T18:36:13+00:00

Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

...pc

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-19T20:02:25+00:00

    You can see the version in the "about word" option. Mine is a mac version, Office 2016 15.15, and it shows recent files. I had that problem with version 15.13.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-19T19:49:07+00:00

    Hi James - one thought - what account have you used to log onto Office?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-19T12:39:11+00:00

    Office 365 2016. Same problem to word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. 

    I have Windows 10 pro.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-19T11:26:48+00:00

    Can you tell me the exact version of Word you have?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments