Can I run MS Front Page 2003 on Windows 10 (like I currently do with windows 7 and it's "xp package."

Anonymous
2015-08-11T21:46:18+00:00

They changed the title of my original post so I thought I'd try it again: I Know that my web sites will work on windows 10 but:

I run a website I started in 1996, 385 pages and built with old school html and (when it came out) MS Front Page. I've modified many pages of these old pages to be w3c compliant using good old html. It is super hot in the search engines and works excellent in all browsers and on all mobile devices. Front Page 2003 is like putting on a comfortable pair of shoes. Yes, I've tried Dream Weaver and all the other "options" but it doesn't do a very good job with the original code, in fact some of the modifications and programs I have tried have been a disaster. SO I'm currently running windows 7 with the xp package to support Microsoft Front Page Version 2003. My server guys have no issues with the MS Front Page Extensions and it is very fast and stable. What do you think the chances are of running MS Front Page 2003 on Windows 10? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Original Title: FrontPage 2003

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-08-14T14:05:39+00:00

Though MS does indeed say that FP is not compatible (MS says that versions of Office older that Office 2007 are incompatible with Win10.) , that does not mean that it will not install and run.  You might be happily surprised.  In my experience MS tends to discourage the use of older programs even if they will run.

Although FrontPage was not evaluated, Andre Da Costa found that core programs of Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher back through Office 2000 work just fine on Windows 10.

Reference: A look at running older versions of Microsoft Office on Windows 10: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-win_upgrade/a-look-at-running-older-versions-of-microsoft/6faf72ea-254a-4c8e-9982-2c36cdb1936c

With that said if you are dependent upon FPSE then you might start looking for an alternative to FP. MS quit support of the server extensions many years ago and the number of web hosts that offer them are becoming few and far between. Eventually you should plan on them not being available and should start looking to migrate your sites to another program. Better now before it is too late.

DavidF

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-04T05:06:18+00:00

    It is indeed very frustrating to migrate to Windows10. With the death of my 10 year old laptop running WindowsXP, I feel like being on Mars without a space suit! Many old applications (viz. FrontPage) simply don't work well because Windows10 don't want them to work. Seems Microsoft is bent on digging its own grave. On my system, Windows10 behaves nonsensically and terminates FP the moment I try to create a hyperlink! Seems we are getting back to stone-age of computing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-01T04:17:27+00:00

    I found a copy of frontpage 2003 update but when I load it a pop up asks me to insert a CD-ROM of Office 2000.

    I only have CD-copies of Office 2003 (student) and 2007  (home and student).

    My HP laptop is running windows 10 and Office 2013

     any ideas on how I can get this going, or do I need a copy of Office 2000?

    thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-08T21:28:49+00:00

    Yes, I was able to install Front Page 2003 on Windows 10 compatibility mode and it runs fine.  My Windows 10 updates are current.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-11-08T17:43:54+00:00

    Did any of you installed the aniversary update or any of the following cumulative updates?

    Did FrontPage still work after that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments