Can I run MS Front Page 2003 on Windows 10 (like I currently do with windows 7 and it's "xp package."

Anonymous
2015-08-11T21:46:18+00:00

They changed the title of my original post so I thought I'd try it again: I Know that my web sites will work on windows 10 but:

I run a website I started in 1996, 385 pages and built with old school html and (when it came out) MS Front Page. I've modified many pages of these old pages to be w3c compliant using good old html. It is super hot in the search engines and works excellent in all browsers and on all mobile devices. Front Page 2003 is like putting on a comfortable pair of shoes. Yes, I've tried Dream Weaver and all the other "options" but it doesn't do a very good job with the original code, in fact some of the modifications and programs I have tried have been a disaster. SO I'm currently running windows 7 with the xp package to support Microsoft Front Page Version 2003. My server guys have no issues with the MS Front Page Extensions and it is very fast and stable. What do you think the chances are of running MS Front Page 2003 on Windows 10? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Original Title: FrontPage 2003

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-08-14T14:05:39+00:00

Though MS does indeed say that FP is not compatible (MS says that versions of Office older that Office 2007 are incompatible with Win10.) , that does not mean that it will not install and run.  You might be happily surprised.  In my experience MS tends to discourage the use of older programs even if they will run.

Although FrontPage was not evaluated, Andre Da Costa found that core programs of Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher back through Office 2000 work just fine on Windows 10.

Reference: A look at running older versions of Microsoft Office on Windows 10: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-win_upgrade/a-look-at-running-older-versions-of-microsoft/6faf72ea-254a-4c8e-9982-2c36cdb1936c

With that said if you are dependent upon FPSE then you might start looking for an alternative to FP. MS quit support of the server extensions many years ago and the number of web hosts that offer them are becoming few and far between. Eventually you should plan on them not being available and should start looking to migrate your sites to another program. Better now before it is too late.

DavidF

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-17T19:20:54+00:00

    HiTexasCre8ive, it was a real slow loader (come to think of it, it was even slower in 2003). Did you get yours to work?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-17T16:01:40+00:00

    Like you, I can't find my original FP CD to install on my new laptop. Where did you find a full version to download? I'm starting to panic with 10 websites to deal with ... (my working laptop just crashed and I'm trying to get a new computer up and running). Any assistance appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-15T03:55:57+00:00

    Glad to hear it's working for everyone, and Stephen, I just saw your earlier message!  Excellent!

    I personally decided to just stick with Windows 7, as I figure "if it's not broke, don't fix it!"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-15T03:02:36+00:00

    Yes I did after I messaged you. And of course now I can't find my CD, just the case. I am downloading a full version now. Almost done extracting but seems to be stalled at 99%. I am hoping it will work. You said it took 15 mins to load?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments