Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
I have Mavericks and the combo update doesn't work.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just ran the update program for Word for 2011, version 14.3.8 and when it gets to the part to select which drive
to install it to, there is a yellow exclamation mark on my main iMac Hard Drive where Office 2011 for Mac IS installed.
I get an error message stating that "This software requires OS X 10.5.8 or later."
My iMac IS running OS X 10.8.5.
I also tried downloading the installer and running it that way, same error. Can't install latest update with security fixes.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have Mavericks and the combo update doesn't work.
I was able to install the Office update on one of my Macs BEFORE I did the OS update. I have been unable to install the Office update on my Mac that had the OS update previously installed. My installer recognizes my OS as 10.8.5.
Thanks.
It says RUNNING OS BUILD: Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
Yes, I did understand about the supplemental but the combo updater might fix the issue for you if you have done the incremental updater prior to the supplemental. I have OS X 10.8.5 (12F45) and had no problems updating Office.
I looked on Apple downloads and they have removed the combo prior to the supplemental being added. The link is exactly the same as 10.8.5 prior and after supplemental.
When the Microsoft updater checks the file for required software, if it's wrong it quits. Only Apple can fix this file. It's worth a shot to see if combo updater will fix the issue. It certainly doesn't hurt. It's only your time to download and run.
I've tried everything, even the combo installation, but I received this message:
"Os X Combined can't be installed on this disk. An error ocurred while evaluating JavaScript for the package."
I get the same JavaScript package error when I ran the Combo, on my iMac.
Try this:
If it works Go to:
If that doesn't Work Try this:
If you just updated to X.8.5 and then, the update and updated iTunes they have royally screwed up the Permission on iTunes They will show as defective but aren't. And there is a Java setting that show as defective which isn't. 4. When finished go to Terminal
Type in resetpassword as typed.
DO NOT Reset Password
what you are looking for Reset ACL's 5. When Finished get out of Terminal. 6. Now Restart computer.
Now Try to Install Update. If it completes repair permission the run word.