Error 30174-4

Anonymous
2014-02-25T22:17:56+00:00

When I try to download Office Home & Business 2013, I'm getting this error. 

I can not find Office on my computer, however it's listed in my programs.  When I try to uninstall it I get the following error.

I need to get this installed and setup. 

Thank you!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-04-28T18:12:30+00:00

    I had to uninstalled office for some reason and I wanted to installed. I had this error when I tried to installed again.

    You have to make sure you don't have any other office version installed in your computer, and you have to erase manually any folder from Microsoft Office in Program Files and Program Files (x86).

    After this steps I could installed office again in my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-01T14:31:51+00:00

    Hi

    I know this is almost two years late, but I feel I had to give my solution. 

    Things to consider:

    • Connected through a domain
    • DHCP enabled
    • Different proxies
    • Firewall enabled

    For me, personally, it was simply a case of changing my IP address configuration.  Our company obviously has DHCP enabled for each user..  

    Make sure your firewalls are disabled..!

    (I changed my IP address to static)

    I set my IP address the same value as what I received when I ran an "ipconfig" prompt in command prompt.  My subnet I also retrieved from the "ipconfig" prompt. 

    My default gateway, however, was changed to one of our local proxy addresses. For instance, the defualt gateway acquired from the DHCP was "255.254.2.10" (just an example).  

    Then  we have these two proxy addresses: "192.168.2.16" (for all users in the company) and "192.168.2.18" (more for the admins, it is more local based.. if that makes any sense)

    I then substituted the "255.254.2.10" gateway address with the "192.168.2.18" proxy address..

    I then added another DNS server address to my "Preferred" DNS addresses.. I honestly believe this is what solved the issue. I am still logged onto my company domain and network, simply using another DNS address and also NOT the same gateway as all the other users.. 

    I realise some things might not make sense, I tried explaining as best as I could. I hope the information I provided will assist someone in the future with their installation of Office 365 ProPlus. 

    P.S

    (I have to say, the Microsoft Professional who logged into my desktop and tried to help me resolve the issue really went out of his way! He tried everything he could, but when it comes to issues involving the domain and network of the company, most times they are not allowed the same permissions and privileges as admins.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-08T13:32:18+00:00

    Hi All,

    My solution for Error 30174-4, when you start installation behind proxy server.

    Start console CMD with option "Run As Administrator"

    in the console run the command shown below:

    netsh

    then

    winhttp set proxy for.example.proxy:8080 (your proxy server and port)

    after a successful execution of the command

    exit

    And now you should "Run as Administrator" Installation file, for example: Office2013internetinstallation.exe

    Everything should install without any problems.

    Mundzios

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-03T20:18:01+00:00

    I found a work around finally by getting downloading the software from http://office.com/setup but using the IMG download instead of the other "install" options.

    I think my issue was related to firewall (both windows and on the network) blocking it, but it finally worked with the download (about 2 GB).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-03-19T18:18:34+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting on Microsoft Office Community.

    Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Office 2013 product. I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work as expected.

    Provide us the detailed information about the issue and the steps tried so far which will help us to analyze and assist you with further troubleshooting steps.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments