Error 30174-4

Anonymous
2014-02-25T22:17:56+00:00

When I try to download Office Home & Business 2013, I'm getting this error. 

I can not find Office on my computer, however it's listed in my programs.  When I try to uninstall it I get the following error.

I need to get this installed and setup. 

Thank you!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-09T21:29:28+00:00

    This is also caused if your organization is filtering web content on the firewall or have applied policy rules, in my case I am the admin so I disabled the rule temporarily and all was good. Try installing from home you won't have the same issue and it will be less painful than dealing with your network guy's. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-30T14:21:08+00:00

    Watchguard XTM Fix:

    Policy Manager>Setup>Actions>Proxies>HTTP-Client.1 (Or whatever your main one is named)>Edit>HTTP Request>Check "Allow range requests through unmodified"

    Adding the *.Microsoft.com/* exception was not sufficient for me, still had the same problem...

    ~Kevin

    Thanks Kevin, just check "Allow range requests through unmodified" this setting and work. Without your post, I may need to spend couple hours for Proxy setting or open support case for my Watchguard XTM unit. Thanks.

    Roger

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-11T21:14:15+00:00

    That helped. That little check mark is golden in the Watchguard XTM fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-07T12:54:57+00:00

    Hello Kevin,

    I understand how difficult it is if you are unable to install Office on the computer.

    Let me assist you with Office installation issue.

    If you receive this error: Something went wrong. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Go online for additional help. Error code 30174-4”

    You may refer to the following links which discusses about the similar issue.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-office_install/error-message-something-went-wrong-sorry-we-ran/64563e37-e418-4ddb-8e05-28a98abab1ab?page=1

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-office_install/something-went-wrong-sorry-we-ran-into-a-problem/12c1e417-f12c-43b7-8077-aa8ecc171190

    I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-04T20:40:30+00:00

    Watchguard XTM Fix:

    Policy Manager>Setup>Actions>Proxies>HTTP-Client.1 (Or whatever your main one is named)>Edit>HTTP Request>Check "Allow range requests through unmodified"

    Adding the *.Microsoft.com/* exception was not sufficient for me, still had the same problem...

    ~Kevin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments