Repeat header row at the top of each page does not work as expected...

Anonymous
2013-10-27T14:55:55+00:00

I have tried to use the table properties option checkbox reading Repeat as header row at the top of each page, however, the header row just does not appear at the top of each page.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Suzanne S Barnhill 279.4K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2013-10-27T15:23:13+00:00

To be a repeating header row, the row must be the first row of the table (multiple rows can be selected, but they must include the first and be contiguous. (Make sure, however, that you don't have the entire table selected when you designate a row as the header row.)

In addition, the table must have text wrapping set to None (Tabletab of Table Properties).

If the table contains a manual page break, the header will not repeat. You can, however, insert a page break without breaking the table by formatting a row as "Page break before" (on the Line and Page Breaks tab of the Paragraph dialog).

Note that this applies only to tables. If you want a page header, you need to add a header to the page itself.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-21T19:45:22+00:00

    Well, I just went through the whole recommended procedure again and it worked.  I made sure that when I highlighted the first row I did not highlight off to the side of the row, just highlighted within the box.  Could that be the critical difference?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-21T19:40:12+00:00

    Ok, for some reason the first line won't transfer to your site.  Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-21T19:39:32+00:00

    Although highlighted, the first line was left off when I inserted it.  Here it is;

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-28T04:44:04+00:00

    Well I am not crazy, I have reported what happened, the rest is not up to me.  I just do not know where to report this bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments