open accdr file protected with database password

Anonymous
2013-08-21T12:29:22+00:00

Hi dear

how can I open accdr file protected with database password  by another one accdb file (with VBA code) ?

regard

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-04T21:11:55+00:00

    Have you tried using

    Dim strPath As String

    strPath = "YourPathToTheDatabaseIncludingFileNameAndExtensionHere"

    Application.FollowHyperlink strPath

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-03T08:06:55+00:00

    Hi

    I am a developer

    I built a access file with my password at accdr format and I need to open it by another accdb access file from other location so I need a vba code that it do this

    is there anyway?

    if NOT , is there anyway to open a accdb file with database password by another accdb access file from other location, but in runtime mode?

    if Not, is there anyway to open a accdr file with database password by another accdb access file from other location?

    regard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-23T15:05:28+00:00

    @Dirk... Yes, you are correct however, in reading the question that was not the impression of security the OP was asking about.  Bad wording on my part!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-23T13:29:49+00:00

    Since there is no *security* in an Access 2010 databases you must have put your own, stored in some table. 

    Beg pardon?  Access 2010 supports database passwords, though not user-level security.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-08-23T13:28:42+00:00

    Are you trying to open the database in a second instance of the Access application, or are you just trying to read data from it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments