A family of Microsoft relational database management systems designed for ease of use.
Hi dear
Thanks alot , it's great
1- why do you use of Dumy database , what's it's work ?
2- Is there any relation between Dumy database and the password?
3-Is ther anyway to lose the password like anybody copy the database when it is running and take the database without password or for example , can anybody ( or cracker ) takes the password from Dummy databse or etc ?
regard
1 - The dummy database allows us to open Access in runtime mode (that is, with the /runtime switch) without yest specifying the password (since we can't provide it on the command line). You can't open Access in runtime mode without specifying a database to be opened; Access won't allow it. So we create a dummy database to pass on the command line, with no database password. Then, once that database is open, we get a reference to that instance of Access and use automation to close the dummy database and open the protected database, specifying the password.
2 - There is no relationship between the Dummy database and the password. It's an empty database. If it doesn't already exist from a previous run of the procedure, the procedure creates it.
3 - The password can't be stolen from the dummy database, because that database has no password. If someone has a copy of the protected database, I don't know how hard it is to crack the password, but I do know that it's a lot harder than it was in earlier versions of Access. I doubt that copying the database while it's running would make it easier to recover the password, but I don't know the technical details of how this security is implemented, so I can't say for sure. On the other hand, it seems reasonable that some sort of process observer could capture the password from memory at the moment the database is opened and the password is supplied.
I'd be inclined to say that, anyone who has a copy of the protected database could, with sufficient effort, crack the password. It's just a question of how much time and effort is required. The security provided by the database password is not intended to protect national secrets or million-dollar assets.