How do I make the footers different on every page on Microsoft Word?

Anonymous
2012-04-10T14:11:06+00:00

I can make even and odd pages have different footers, but I want page 4's to be different from page 2's and page 5's from page 3's.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2012-04-10T18:00:04+00:00

To actually create a new footer for each page, you'll need a section break at the end of each page (and you'll have to unlink the relevant footers). But in what respect should footers be different? For example, if you want to include text from the page, you can format that text in a unique style and then make use of the STYLEREF field.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Charles Kenyon 171.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-08-07T23:36:46+00:00

    I would agree but would urge you to assign a couple of law review types to proof read it. While OCR has improved greatly, it still messes up. Further, the Word formatting of OCR is generally terrible. I will often paste as plain text and then format using styles if it is something that I will be editing extensively.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Paul Edstein 82,871 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-08-07T21:56:29+00:00

    As indicated in my previous post, you could do a lot of the re-creation via scanning & OCR. That's typically far faster than retyping. With a good OCR package it could reduce a week's re-typing work to a couple of hours - mostly for reformatting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-07T14:16:54+00:00

    Yes most likely the entire course packet will need to be re-typed so we have a working copy in Word again for future semesters. There is simply no time do to so before our Law students hit campus in a week; the prof just recently made his edits and realized he has no electronic copy. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Charles Kenyon 171.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-08-06T12:48:21+00:00

    I agree that this is a disaster, already happening. The sooner you bite the bullet, the less frustration you will suffer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments