How to scan Documents in MS Office 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-27T07:01:24+00:00

I have Win 7 64 bit OS and I have Installed MS Office 2013.I want this option (Insert Picture From Scanner and Camera)  in MS Ofiice word 2013.

Because i am faceing problem to scan documents From Network Printer.I have canon IR3225 Network Printer and i have installed canon network scan gear and i have also add printer addres in scan gear. but this option not showing in ms office word 2013. How can scan documents from network printer. So please help me.....

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-13T06:34:00+00:00

FWIW I have updated my web page Scan into Word, mentioned earlier in this old thread, to include scanning into Word 2013. Alternative coding is included for Excel and Outlook.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-30T18:48:14+00:00

    Graham, I've tried setting up the macro, but I can't find WIA in VBA reference list. How may I add WIA into my Windows 8.1 Word 2013?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-25T07:26:48+00:00

    Did you see my earlier reply with the link - http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm,

    See also http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm  

    Whether the particular scanner is compatible with the WIA interface I cannot say. For running the Canon software from Word, you will have to ask Canon. My guess is that this isn't possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-25T07:18:41+00:00

    I saw you link

    but, it was not helpful

    according to your first question, you want use word 2013 to scan paper or images from your  canon IR3225 Network Printer!!

    I have same company printer with model IR2520 ,and use their software "Color Network ScanGear "

    when I follow your link , it shows to me other Scan programs, like HP ,Epson ,, but not Color Network Scangera,,  I discover that your way looking in "Image devices"  in "Device Manager"!!

    is there any way to use this software ?,

    and how I put it in Ribbon of MS-Word?

    thanks for help

    We're also using the Canon IR2520 and we're also using the Color Network Scangear but we're using One Note 2013 to scan images from the printer/scanner. I was not able to find how to include the said option in Word 2013.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments