Office365 Installed but can't find the programs....

Anonymous
2013-02-26T03:35:07+00:00

I've installed the trial version of Office365. When I log in to the website it says I only have 4 of 5 installs left and yet I cannot find the software anywhere on my laptop. It's a new laptop using windows 8. When I browse using explorer I can see a Microsoft office 15 folder but no programs. What am I doing wrong??? Sorry if the issue is rudimentary...

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-02-26T15:19:41+00:00

Hi Brett,

Thank you for posting the question in Microsoft Community. As per the description you are unable to see the Office program on the computer. Let me assist you with the issue.

In order to troubleshoot the issue related to Office, try the steps below.

Step 1:

Verify if Office is installed on the computer:

Go to Start Screen and type > 'Control '(Without quotes)> Now Click on Settings > Select Control Panel > Click on Programs and Features > Search for Office suite.

If you are able to find the program in the Programs and features list, then try the steps below:

a) Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. If you are using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.

b) In the Apps box, type Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook. In the results pane, now click Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook to open it.

If you are able to find the Office applications, then you may also pin the Office applications to start screen by doing the following:

·         To add Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to the Metro Start screen, right-click on it with your mouse or hold your finger on it till it becomes checked.

·         You will then see a panel open at the bottom of the Windows 8 Start screen where you can pin it.

·         Click on the Pin button and the program will now appear on your Windows

Step 2:

If the Office applications are not found in the App list, then you may remove the Office 365 trial from the computer and then reinstall it.

Run the 'Fix it' from the following article to remove the traces of Office 2013:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Note: You may save the ‘**Fix it’**tool to the desktop and then run it to remove Office 2013.

If fix it tool fails to run, you may try the manual removal of Office 2013 step from the above article.

Once the Office traces are removed, login to my account and download and install the program.

I hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-04T01:59:33+00:00

    I just bought a subscription and am having the same problem, no where to start the programs after installing in Windows 8.1, I was also not able to choose which drive to install too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-15T21:56:20+00:00

    I finally found and opened Outlook, but while I was working in it Windows 8.1 crashed.  It does that several times a day.  Now I cannot open the Outlook file on any of my computers.

    I miss two things that Microsoft used to have.  Well written and thoroughly debugged software, and a telephone number where I could call and talk to a knowledgeable support technician.

    I solved my Windows 8 problems by relegating the new computer to the train room to run my model railroad and I went back to using a Windows 7 computer for my day to day activities.

    I have probably purchased my last Windows computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-15T19:18:56+00:00

    I purchased MS 365 - Installed it, can see it on the Programs list.  I need an icon on my desktop to access it.  This is ridiculous that it does not install like every other program.  Furthermore I can't find a ppt or outlook for the 2015 package.  

    Microsoft Community - I need help!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-06T16:00:45+00:00

    I tried that.  There is no programs and features shown on my control panel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments