Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Hmm, let's try...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
i keep getting this when trying to install Office 365: 'something went wrong. Office can't do that right now because your product is busy with another task. Please wait for this task to complete and try again.' I have already completed the fix to uninstall other Office products and i have performed a clean boot, but still the same problem.... please help i'm getting desperate!
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Method 1 in this tip does a more thorough job that the "normal" uninstall via Programs and Features (aka Method 2 in the tip). The Normal uninstall is designed with the assumption that you will be re-installing Office. It does NOT delete everything. It leaves configuration files like NORMAL.DOTM and other templates etc. and it also leaves configuration Registry entries.
Well, that's pretty flipping stupid, the uninstall should at least ask, "Do you want to leave things behind to make a quicker reinstall or do you really want to uninstall?" That an uninstall doesn't actually uninstall the program just seems like someone (Micro$oft Marketing, perhaps) decided to screw the customer over in an attempt to make it seem like Office uninstalls (and reinstalls) quickly (unlike most every other program).
Microsoft need to send everybody who bought this Office program a link to a program that will fix the problem, instead of Microsoft Community persons giving advise in their jargon that isn't doing the job.
MS love selling you the latest 'thing' but I have to use my older PC with Vista, at least Office is working.
I've given up.
Three weeks have passed and I'm still no closer to having office on my lap top. Has any body solved the problem in an easy to follow way.
This worked first time for me. Took about 30 seconds. Thanks for the post.
To get to the Service Panel open "File Explorer", Right Click on "Computer", Click on "Manage".
When Computer Management panel opens double click on "Services and Applications" then click "Services". You should now be able to scroll down until you find "Microsoft Office Service". Right click on it then click "Restart".
You should now be able to install MS Office 365 without the error "product busy with another task".
I did the above, MS office services was running, I stopped it and restarted it, shut down computer and tried to install .but same message. What next.
My problem is same. Busy on another product, try later. I went to suggested site, found the program, changed it, repaired as instruction, shut down, re-booted, and received same message. Need help!
I need help too been trying for two days now with no luck - same message as everyone else. Please help