A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
This problem was solved for me by uninstalling/reinstalling MS Office.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In order to open up files in excel 2013 (csv, xlsx, or xls) i must open them directly from within Excel. If I double click a file from Windows Explorer, Excel opens up but does not open the file. No errors. Just a **** excel instance. It looks like I just opened up the application from my start screen.
Other Office 2013 applications work as expected. I.e, I can open up a docx from Windows Explorer just fine.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This problem was solved for me by uninstalling/reinstalling MS Office.
This is not the problem, I tried the "open with" option and it asks if I want to keep using Excel.
Anyone know of an actual fix for this issue?
This was the ticket to fix my issue. Many thanks!
Thank you, thank you, thank you. This was driving me crazy and no one could figure how to fix it.
This worked for me. Thanks.