Powerpoint 2013 unstable

Anonymous
2013-04-05T11:20:57+00:00

When I add another chart onto the powerpoint slide after I try to save it comes up with the message we can't save because the file is read-only (it's not) and it tells me to save it under a different name or to a different place. However, when i try to save it under a different name/different place i get the error message we're sorry, something went wrong that might make powerpoint unstable. Please save your presentation and restart powerpoint. I can't save the presentation because of the previous problem.

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-04-06T08:20:10+00:00

    Aye, preview pane. Thats the one. I was typing the above in a bit of a hurry, sorry for the terminology :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-04-05T10:26:37+00:00

    Well, it turned out to be Windows Explorer 'quick view' that was causing the problem for us. I've now disabled that feature in lieu of everyone I've spoken to at Microsoft so far being completely useless. (Windows support saying its an Office problem, Office support saying its a windows problem, both telling me to try 'repairing office'. 1 that doesn't work anyway, 2 thats not a suitable fix for an estate of about 800 computers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-06T06:59:19+00:00

    MS please respond to this thread.. This is a pretty big issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-05-13T02:43:30+00:00

    Hi Karmor42,

    I'm having the exact same issue: Poweproint 2013, sync'ing to Dropbox, doing ink in the presentation... same error message, hours of lost work.

    Did you find a solution?

    (I tried switching to SkyDrive, but that just doesn't sync anywhere near as well as Dropbox, so I want to go back to Dropbox, if I can...)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-04-06T07:03:33+00:00

    Hello Laura,

    Where is the  PowerPoint file saved? Is it on local drive or on shared location?

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitproprevious/thread/ef1f09a2-c406-45e5-8cc7-ac241a313143/Refer to the following thread which discusses about similar issue and see if it helps:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitproprevious/thread/ef1f09a2-c406-45e5-8cc7-ac241a313143/

    Reply with the result for further assistance.

    Thank You.http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitproprevious/thread/ef1f09a2-c406-45e5-8cc7-ac241a313143/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments