Outlook 2013: Inbox does not refresh after deleting an email

Anonymous
2013-02-04T17:13:44+00:00

When I delete an email (or multiple emails) from my inbox, the inbox view does not refresh; the deleted emails are still there. I must move the inbox scroll bar to force a refresh. Even then, it leaves me at the start of the inbox, rather than at the current email.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Or, is it a bug?

I have the inbox set to oldest on top/newest on the bottom.

Office 365 Home/Premium

Windows 7, SP1, 64-bit, all patches installed

16 MB

Core i7-2600K, 3.4 GHz

Plenty of free disk space

Thanks,

Stan

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-03T14:53:46+00:00

    It looks like Microsoft has issued a Hotfix that seems to resolve this (so far, so good, for me at least).

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2899544

    It does list this as one of the issues being fixed:

    When you delete some selected email messages from a folder in Outlook 2013 by clicking the Delete button in the ribbon, these message items may still appear in the list, even though they are actually deleted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-29T13:17:44+00:00

    Actually, I should amend my answer - that seems to have worked for me when deleting messages directly from my Inbox.  But I still have the issue when I press the "delete" button from within a message window.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-29T13:04:33+00:00

    Went through this as described (removing the button form the ribbon, restarting and resetting the ribbon) but still no luck :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-09-18T14:09:21+00:00

    Thanks CeeGeeLee - that worked for me!

    Edit - It turns out that I thought it worked, but it ended up not resolving the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments