Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
right click> run as admin and activate
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".
I still have about 25 days' subscription left.
Please tell how I can activate this.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
right click> run as admin and activate
This worked for me
"In case you haven't already found the solution right click on Excel 2013 (or any other Office 2013 application) and select 'Run as Administrator' then follow the steps to activate online"
I got the same error code for a different situation.
A family member of mine bought an Office 365 Premium subscription. 5 devices can connect to it. I download Office, install it and work with it. So far so good. Today I needed to restart my computer and when I rebooted Excel (and all other Office software) I couldn't sign in anymore. I also got error message 0x80070005. I tried to sign in with his account, because that's the one the subscriptions are linked to.
Again, the license is on someone else's name while my computer is connected to my Microsoft account. Could this cause conflict? And, if so, why did it work in the first place and not now?
Any help will be appreciated!
This fix doesn't work. Get same error as administrator as without. Win10 / Office 365. This combination has been nothing but problems. Now I also have update that will not install. And I can't turn them off in Win10. Nice job microsoft.
Agreed, I sure wasted alot of myself and a microsoft reps time, {their name doesn't deserve caps}. All that needs to be done is the right click and run as admin from inside the start menu and Viola, its working. I would suggest they read this forum once in a while.