Office 365 Activation Problem (0x80070005)

Anonymous
2013-05-03T13:11:47+00:00

I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".

I still have about 25 days' subscription left.

Please tell how I can activate this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-12T23:39:57+00:00

right click> run as admin and activate

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-30T11:28:23+00:00

    I am unable to activate office 2013.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-30T03:09:06+00:00

    Well, well, well: I reinstalled Office 365 twice over the last 24 hours and was still stuck with the message that something was not right with the MS servers so I could not activate my software. Funny thing is, of course, I had to be online, connected to MS and so on to download and install the wretched stuff.

    No matter, the right click, run as administrator solved the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-04T07:19:01+00:00

    Hello Kate,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

    I understand how difficult it is if you are unable to work with Office applications.

    Few more details would help us to provide a better response.

    Provide us the exact error message to check and help you better.

    You may refer to the following link which provides the information on how to upload a screen shot on the answers website.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows\_other-windows\_programs/how-to-include-a-screenshot-in-your-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

    You may refer to the following link on how to contact Microsoft phone support and check if it helps.

    http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ln=en-us

    If you find an error code 0x80070005, you may refer to the following link.

    https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Error-Code-0x80070005-or-an-Unlicensed-Product-Notification-0d23d3c0-c19c-4b2f-9845-5344fedc4380

    Reply with necessary information to check and help you better.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments