How to disable Microsoft Upload Center 2013 ?

Anonymous
2012-11-22T14:49:19+00:00

Hi,

I uninstalled office 2010 and installed Office 2013. However now there is no way to stop upload centre from starting upon startup. There are no values for it under the startup tab in task manager or the registry startup sections. Strangely enough the old value for office 2010 MSOsync was left behind but I removed it.

How can I stop it from running like in Office 2010 ?

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-13T15:54:11+00:00

    Deleting the software files is not a solution ... just need to disable it. thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-11T15:27:17+00:00

    I disabled mine, but the upload Center still comes up.

    Ok, Mine stopped starting automatically for a long time, but a few days ago it suddenly started automatically again. It does however eventually kill itself....Strange & annoying....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-11T15:05:52+00:00

    I disabled mine, but the upload Center still comes up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-11T11:58:03+00:00

    Hello,

    I believe in Office 2013, these start up via the Task Scheduler. At least on my machine, I have listed in the Task Scheduler Library a Office 15 Subscription Heartbeat, which triggers daily at 12:00 AM, a OfficeTelemetryAgentFfallBack and OfficeTelemetryAgentLogOn which start at log on of any user, after triggered, repeat every 12:00 and 8:00 indefinitely.

    Maybe disabling these scheduled task will prevent the start up of the Office Upload Center

    Ok, but can anyone confirm this ? I wouldn't want to stop Office from working correctly. Why did Microsoft change the way it works ? In Office 2010 there was an entry under startup tab or run section in the registry....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-11-29T16:36:12+00:00

    Hi,

    There is no startup entry & appears to be no service corresponding to it.....

    Not sure what to do ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments