MSN Money Stock Quotes Not Updating Quotes in Excel 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-24T03:14:27+00:00

I installed the MSN Money Stock Quotes add-in in Excel 2013 and it was working perfectly yesterday, but for some reason it has stopped updating quotes today.  The selection for "Update Quotes" from the add-in toolbar is not active.  However, the "Insert Stock Quotes" button is active and when I press it, I get the Stock Quotes dialog box.  It will insert the formula for the quotes in the spreadsheet, but it does not provide an up-to-date quote.  I would appreciate any help on this, as this add-in is a big time-saver for me.  I did notice that my software was automatically updated yesterday.  (I believe that it was a Windows update, but I am not 100% sure.)  I do not know whether this might have something to do with the change, since, as I said, the add-in was working yesteday.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-18T13:55:38+00:00

Did you ever get your MS Money to work?  I had the same problem just yesterday.  The "Update Quotes" tab wouldn't do anything, but the "Insert Stock Quotes" tab would.  I went ahead and re-inserted all the stock symbols by highlilighting my entire selection and everything updated and is working fine again.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-26T17:00:29+00:00

    http://www.technitya.com/content/stock-quotes-excel

    I am using this one. Seems to work great so far.

    It seems MS has thrown us under the bus.  This looks like a great alternative.  Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-25T22:09:36+00:00

    http://www.technitya.com/content/stock-quotes-excel

    I am using this one. Seems to work great so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-09T00:30:22+00:00

    Looks like Microsoft needs to start laying off some of their employees that do their software debugging before they release it.

    Yes, and Microsoft also needs to show the customer more courtesy by documenting changes that affect their customers, and announcing those changes well in advance.

    I am hoping that manatee_736 is still following this thread and will provide the link to the post that described the solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-07-08T21:26:29+00:00

    Looks like Microsoft needs to start laying off some of their employees that do their software debugging before they release it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments