Problem importing image file in Visio 2013

Anonymous
2013-01-10T21:48:38+00:00

I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

Please help. 

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-09T17:21:28+00:00

    Me Too! I even took a Visio class and the instructor is unable to figure it out. I tried contacting Microsoft but was told I had to open a ticket. I get Visio through work so I don't have a product key and it's required to submit a ticket. This after a frustrating phonecall with a CSR with a definite language barrier. I spent 5 minutes trying to get him to understand the name of my company!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-09T19:56:41+00:00

    I have not found a solution to this problem.  I don't think Microsoft is working on it.  My work around was to create a new user account on the PC and use that account when I need to import image files.  I have another new Laptop that does not have this problem "yet".  I continue to monitor this thread to see if someone (Microsoft?) finds the root cause and fixes it.

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-09T19:35:59+00:00

    I am having the same issue.... Anyone found a fix for this?  I can also log into an older user account on the machine and Visio works?  While this works it's very annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments