Problem importing image file in Visio 2013

Anonymous
2013-01-10T21:48:38+00:00

I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

Please help. 

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-19T18:38:45+00:00

    I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

    Please help. 

    Thank you.

    Any updates on this issue.  I am having the same problem.  I will try logging in with a different user account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-18T20:14:46+00:00

    Do you know if microsoft ever posted a fix for this? i am having the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-30T00:21:37+00:00

    yeah, but call me kinda ****, but with 27 years in the business and 26 technical certs ranging from multiple mcse's/mcne/cne/cisco ccdp/ccdp/sun certs/cissp etc, I've learned that you need to be exact in what you request when troubleshooting an issue. Especially if you aren't the one in front of the pc... you want to know exactly what they are doing, how they stepped thru the issue and by being detailed, you have the best results.  Sloppy instructions just leads to sloppy results which leads to more time spent troubleshooting the issue.  I prefer not to guess at what someone wants, tell me, in writing, and tell me exactly what you want.

    and ALL I've seen from microsoft is sloppy shoddy work in the support department so far. 

    with a big heaping dose of "I don't understand" english either written or spoken.

    I may have to hire an indian to smack them upside the head in their own language soon. 

    I find it interesting they are calling me with washington numbers and can't speak english to fight their way out of a paper bag.  If microsoft is doing toll bypass, you would think they would do it out of their local offices. Unless they really want me to believe these people work out of washington state.  Which the strong foreign accents really say, no we don't.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-29T22:57:10+00:00

    I believe they just want you to:

    1. log into an account with administrator privileges.
    2. start the log process.
    3. switch user to the problematic account.
    4. reproduce the error.
    5. switch back to the administrator account.

    6 stop the log process and collect the file to send to them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-29T21:03:19+00:00

    I have to say microsoft, you people really need help in the reading comprehension part.

    this is what you sent me :

    Reference to the subjected case we would need some details/data regarding the profile to check the issue.

    1. Please let us know what is primary and secondary profile. Is it old and new profile ? or is it 2 different profiles for the same user?
    2. Is the issue only with your profile or other users are also facing the same issue.
    3. Any specific changes made in the environment.
    4. We need to collect some logs with the working and non-working profile as well to have the data regarding the profile. For that you need to follow the below steps:
    5. open a command prompt with an admin token :

    a) select the start menu

    b) type cmd in "Start Search"

    c) right mouse click on cmd under programs

    d) select "Run as administrator" 2. Run "logman -start profile -p {eb7428f5-ab1f-4322-a4cc-1f1a9b2c5e98} 255 3 -ets" (without the quotes) 3. Reproduce issue ( log off from admin account ). 4. Open a command prompt with an admin token once again 5. a) select the start menu

    b) type cmd in "Start Search"

    c) right mouse click on cmd under programs

    d) select "Run as administrator" 6. Run "logman -stop profile -ets" (without the quotes) 7. profile.etl will be located in the directory that logman -start was run.

    Now anyone reading this will wonder, what the heck am I doing between step 4(3) and step 4(4), since I just logged off in step 4(3) and am now sitting at a login prompt.

    So I sent this to them -

    **"****Ok, your instructions are as clear as mud.  If I log out of the admin profile in step 4(3), where am I when I run step 4(4) besides the windows login screen.**Why don't you take a minute and review exactly what you want done.

    Then read it again, then step thru it, then send it to me and don't waste my time again please.****"

    to which I received a call from the engineer.... trying to step me thru the task list, where she said I should log in again at after step 4(3) and before step 4(4) and stop the logging. Great, send it to me in writing so I know exactly what you want.

    and that was after 10 minutes of going thru that she didn't understand what the issue with the original email was. (at that point, I felt like banging somebody's head on the table... pretty straight forward reading comprehension.)  Don't send me a **** email asking me to perform steps and then skip steps... so I thought I had a pretty good idea of what she wanted... Run the log on the base profile that didn't work, do the same thing on the profile where it did work. great! right??

    then I received call from the Team manager (!!) asking what my issue was.  I then explained, did you read the email? do you understand that she sent me a step by step email that was missing steps? why are you calling me to waste my time? pretty please, go ahead and just send me a darn email with the steps you would like performed.

    Sidenote -and frankly, I'm doing that because hey, I do not have a great ear for accents and I've yet to have one engineer that wasn't indian with a strong accent.  And so far, the people I've talked to have had the intellect of a pea.  That statement may be generous.

    ok, back on topic, so I get the team manager's email.... and he doesn't want me to start the log twice, once for each profile like the engineer, but to start the logging, replicate the error, log out, go to the second account and paste an image, then log out, go back to the admin account and stop the logging... competely and utterly different than the request as given to me on the phone.

    very frustrating dealing with microsoft, how about you hire some people who can understand and speak english? emphasis on UNDERSTAND.

    But then I again, re-read the team manager's email and I see him asking me to do it on the working and non-working profiles...... just wonderful, what the heck does that mean? you sent me steps where I did that? whatever.....

    Team Manager's email -

    We need to compare profile.etl for working and non-working profile hence it has to be collected from both kind of profiles.

    1) Open a command prompt in elevated mode, to do so follow below mentioned steps.

    a) select the start menu

    b) type cmd in "Start Search"

    c) right mouse click on cmd under programs

    d) select "Run as administrator"

    1. Run "logman -start profile -p {eb7428f5-ab1f-4322-a4cc-1f1a9b2c5e98} 255 3 -ets" (without quotes)
    2. Reproduce issue (use switch user to login with problematic account), once reproduced, log off from problematic user account and login to Admin account.
    3. Open a command prompt with an admin token once again.

               a) select the start menu

               b) type cmd in "Start Search"

               c) right mouse click on cmd under programs

               d) select "Run as administrator"

    1. ****Run "logman -stop profile -ets" (without the quotes)
    2. profile.etl will be located in the directory that logman -start was run.

    We need to run the same steps with both (working and non-working)the profiles.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments