A family of Microsoft relational database management systems designed for ease of use.
The workaround that works for me: Open the image in Microsoft paint, then copy/paste from Paint to Visio. HTH.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'.
Please help.
Thank you.
A family of Microsoft relational database management systems designed for ease of use.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The workaround that works for me: Open the image in Microsoft paint, then copy/paste from Paint to Visio. HTH.
Hi,
We had the problem with Visio 2013 SP1 (15.0.4569.1504) as well. When we installed update KB3114720 it upgraded Visio to version 15.0.4797.1000, and the problem was resolved. Hope this helps...
Pieter
I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'.
Please help.
Thank you.
Has anyone found a solution to this issue? This feature is an absolute must for me and it is not working. I suppose I will have to revert back to using the older version of Visio until this major issue has been resolved. I find it unacceptable that the original problem for this was posted almost 1 year ago and there has still not been an answer given on how to fix it (especially from Microsoft).
Has this issue been resolved? I am experiencing the same problem. When I try to insert a .jpg into Visio 2013, the bounding box generated is blank (no picture).
Additionally, I tried to copy and paste the image into Visio, but the Paste function was not available (greyed-out).
Thanks
Hi Bryan,
Apologies for the late response. It would really be helpful if you can share the image file that you are trying to import.
Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay Bhat