I have been importing Excel files for years. I recently upgraded to Access 2007 on a shared server (Windows Server 2003 R2, Service Pack 2) and now I can't import. Every time I get "Subscript out of Range" when I use the Import Wizard. The file is correct
with the correct field names and data. I have tried importing into different tables and always get this error. I can try an .xls or an .xlsx file and neither work.
I have to paste the records in.
Help!
Sorry I'm a bit late. Just started using Access 2007 and had the same problem importing from Excel 2007. You probably have this figured out already. But for the benefit of others who landed in this site while searching, read on...
I had 14 columns in my table. My first import of about 120,000 rows went without incident. My second import attempt of about 10,000 rows resulted in "Subscript out of range". I noticed that the import wizard sample showed a field named F15 that shouldn't
be there. There were only 14 fields (up to F14) in the excel file I was importing, and 14 fields in the table of 120,000 rows from the first import. All I could see in column 15 of the excel sheet was white space. Apparently, someone had deleted information
that was there before but for some reason was still being detected by the import wizard. What I did was to select the next ten or so columns in the excel sheet, starting from column 15, clicked on delete entire column, and presto! No more subscript out of
range. There are probably other causes and solutions to this problem but this is one of them. I hope this works for you.