This is what worked for me in Windows 7, although over time, more than once something (I suspect something in a Windows update that was possibly not intended to interfere with printer default) brought the One Note problem back:
Did you click on Start>Devices and Printers, which brings up a window where you can see all the "printers" connected to your computer? I put "printers" in quotation marks because One Note is not a separate physical printer, but the printer you have already
been using, only with One Note, I presume that software is controlling it differently. Make sure that the green check mark indicating the default printer is on your usual printer. If your printer isn't even shown in the box (which happened to me once), you
can reinstall it later.
Anyway, you will probably see One Note pictured, as if it were a physical printer. Right-click on that picture and choose "Remove device." Removing One Note and making sure my "real" printer was there and had the default check mark on it solved my problem,
although over the past several years, I have had to go through the process two or three times. It has happened on my husband's computer too. Annoying. Hasn't happened in over a year now, though.