A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983097 for workarounds.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Is there a fix for this problem?
I have Office 2010 operating on Windows 7 64 bit
When I select File >> Open and click on a Word file (new format or 2003 format) the preview pane has a message as follows
"This file can't be previewed because of an error in the Microsoft Word previewer"
Even if I create a new document and save it, trying to see it in the File Open dialog box gives the same message
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983097 for workarounds.
I have the same problem with the previewer as the other folks do. I have looked at the referenced article (KB983097), and I find the answer unacceptable. This is a bug - a known bug - and the workarounds are effectively to ignore the bug. This post is nearly 2 years old. This bug should have been fixed by now. I want a real solution (i.e. fix the bug in an update). I'd like to speak to a Microsoft representative without having to give credit card information to a support page.
Well I followed the 4 pages of this thread in the hope that I might find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow ...
But then, of course, you never can get to the end of a rainbow can you Microsoft? :-)
Its me - the original posting person!
All together now... you know the tune
"Happy 2nd anniversay to the question, happy 2nd anniversary to it!! happy 2nd anniversary, happy 2nd anniversary to youuuuuuuu"
:)
You have all given me so much comfort its not just me .. well everyone except Microsoft!
Hey - anyone know how to hack their software code - we could move their Excel/Powerpoint version of the Word Pre-viewer into Word for them!!!
Absolutely brilliant! Made me laugh (LOL in fact.) I think I'll adopt my usual approach to issues that large corporate companies wish to avoid and go right to the very top of the tree. Worked for me with Adobe who had been jerking me around for weeks. Let's see what happens, eh?
Its me - the original posting person!
All together now... you know the tune
"Happy 2nd anniversay to the question, happy 2nd anniversary to it!! happy 2nd anniversary, happy 2nd anniversary to youuuuuuuu"
:)
You have all given me so much comfort its not just me .. well everyone except Microsoft!
Hey - anyone know how to hack their software code - we could move their Excel/Powerpoint version of the Word Pre-viewer into Word for them!!!