On searching for information on the Excel Web App, I found this forum. This is exactly the type of thing I want to do.
I'm an anesthesiologist who is moderately proficient using VBA in excel to create fairly sophisticated spreadsheets. I know no other programming languages well.
The main app for the spreadsheet I use is for creating the hospital call schedule for over 100 anesthesia personnel in 14 different locations. I would like to be able to keep this spreadsheet on skydrive, and have it's data available to a website that contains
pages specific for each person showing only their call assignments. Currently, I have to run a vba script that publishes a customized spreadheet to html, and FTP upload all those pages to a website everyday, just in case there has been a chage in the main
spreadsheet. Clunky, to say the least.
But the app that has got me interested in skydrive would be used for daily assignments for all the anesthesia personnel. I'm developing a spreadsheet that will automatically assign all the personnel to a specific operating room at a specific facility.
I will need for the chiefs at the different facilities to somehow input into the main spreadsheet the number of doctors or crna's they need for the next day. Using this data, and the data from the call schedule, I will know who is available, and which providers
should go where. Then I could make another spreasheet available to all the providers so they can see where they are supposed to go the next day, and who else will be there.