Hi all,
Another year has passed and here I find myself with an A3 pub (printed, folded) for which I need to create an A4 version to view on screens. (for those living in the inch world, A3 is two A4's side by side). I create a new .pub file, page size A4, identical
margins and started to group all items on (half) a source page, then pasting in the new file. Mayhem. I read through this thread, then realized what went wrong. In the source file I use three customized "styles". In the new file, these styles exist, but their
definition was standard, not customized. Whenever I past, the local styles get applied, changing line and paragraph spacing, font and font size, but not much else. So in the new pub, I went to Styles > Import Styles... and pointed to the source pub
(which I had to close first). For each customized style, Publisher asked me if I would retain the local style (say No). After thus importing my custom styles, the copy/paste operation went without a hitch. My document is only 4 pages, so all the arguments
for an import function are still valid, but at least I think I now understand why Publisher seems to sometimes misbehave.