How to fix: “cannot get mail: the connection to the server failed”?

Anonymous
2025-07-10T07:06:27+00:00

How to fix: “cannot get mail: the connection to the server failed”?

I tried everything, literally! And still nothing helped! I am having this issue on my Mail app and outlook app and on every browser!!! Please help me!!!!!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T17:34:38+00:00

    I can open my outlook account but most of my emails have disappeared

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-07-10T17:01:05+00:00

    https://status.cloud.microsoft/m365/referrer=serviceStatusRedirect

    Current status: We’ve begun a broad expedited deployment of the configuration change across all affected infrastructure. We expect most impacted users will experience relief within the next two hours, as the fix saturates the environment.

    We’re closely monitoring service health telemetry to ensure the recovery continues as expected. We understand how impactful incidents of this type can be, and we're continuing to open any additional workstreams to expedite recovery and restore availability.

    Start time: Wednesday, July 9, 2025, at 10:20 PM UTC

    Next update by: Thursday, July 10, 2025, at 6:30 PM UTC

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T16:45:47+00:00

    I can finally sign into my outlook email. The server on my end has been fixed!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T16:40:54+00:00

    I'm having the same problem I tried contacting support got stuck in a 1000-person line and wasn't able to make it to my screen when i was number 1 got kicked for not responding and didn't get to see how to fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments