How to fix: “cannot get mail: the connection to the server failed”?

Anonymous
2025-07-10T07:06:27+00:00

How to fix: “cannot get mail: the connection to the server failed”?

I tried everything, literally! And still nothing helped! I am having this issue on my Mail app and outlook app and on every browser!!! Please help me!!!!!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T16:16:34+00:00

    Finally working again for me, after almost a full working day!
    It was a Microsoft outage, looks like they've now fixed it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T15:49:13+00:00

    i have been trying for hours and been onto virgin media and O2. Casnnot send or receive emails as it says failure to connect to server. Is there a problem. Going mad.

    judy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T15:48:33+00:00

    I still cannot receive email on all of my devices

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T15:43:38+00:00

    Is there any other update as I can't even log into my account or add it back to my phone due to the same server. Issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T15:39:55+00:00

    I still cannot get my mail on any platform. Any updates?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments