How to fix: “cannot get mail: the connection to the server failed”?

Anonymous
2025-07-10T07:06:27+00:00

How to fix: “cannot get mail: the connection to the server failed”?

I tried everything, literally! And still nothing helped! I am having this issue on my Mail app and outlook app and on every browser!!! Please help me!!!!!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-13T11:23:51+00:00

    How to fix: “cannot get mail: the connection to the server failed”?

    I tried everything, literally! And still nothing helped! I am having this issue on my Mail app and outlook app and on every browser!!! Please help me!!!!!

    When I travel out of the country I get the same type of error message:

    "The connection to the outgoing server "XXXX" failed.
    Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured for Mail Accounts in Setting > Apps > Mail > Accounts"
    When I follow that trail - there is no screen that allows me to check or update the server settings.

    I can receive mail on this account, however the outgoing mail always fails.

    I see there was a post about a fix to the program that should have been rolled out on 07/10 or so. It in now 07/13 and no change to my situation.

    Please advise how to check server settings in Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T12:44:24+00:00

    Same thing here. I haven't had connection to the server since last night. I have an apple products. What do I need to do to fix the issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T12:43:37+00:00

    I have the same problem too

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T12:39:34+00:00

    I’m having the same issue. What can I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T11:43:07+00:00

    Is there any update on this? mine still isn't working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments