Outlook email keeps prompting for a password, and then not accept it. Blocked out of emails.

Anonymous
2025-01-23T06:50:57+00:00

Why does my Outlook email keep asking for a password, and then not accept it. This started today with a pop up window, and now after several restarts and password entries my Outlook will not open at all, so I cannot copy and paste the error message. Something seems to have changed since earlier in the day. I am using Outlook (not new, in Microsoft 365).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-16T07:57:25+00:00

    We have the same problem, everything in on premise and outlook activated by MAK, but the Outlook keeps prompting for Microsoft Account login

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-04T20:22:32+00:00

    All the websites I received from Microsoft are no help, this issue has been going on for 3 months, I am unable to speak to a live human being, terrible service!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments