Record the screen and screenshot no longer possible in the Outlook app after app update version 4.2445.1

Anonymous
2024-11-22T10:39:21+00:00

Unfortunately, since the update it is no longer possible to take a screenshot or screen record in the Outlook app. The photo or video remains black. IOS is at version 18.1.1.

I have found that this problem is not due to IOS, but rather occurs after updating the Outlook app.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-09T11:30:38+00:00

    Hi,

    I am having the same problem on iPhone and iPad both using outlook app or logging directly into o356. I have a personal/ family account and I am the owner. As I have an IT background, I have uninstalled and reinstalled apps on both iPad and iPhone, cleared cache, tried in app as well as safari, edge and chrome- all with the same black screen.

    I also use a business account and have the same problem. This is particularly frustrating when I receive a prestart for work and have to refer to that throughout my shift. These are emailed and I would screen shot it so I could refer to the photo when I am out of signal and need the details.

    I have “print” to pdf and screenshot and get the black screen. I have tried to export to notes and get the same black screen. I have tried to print to file and open that way to screenshot and once again same black screen. So far my only resolution is to use Gmail app. This new black screen is as painfully equivalent as the circle of doom when you used to wait for ISDN or dialup to load.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T11:02:57+00:00

    We've raised a support case with Microsoft and they confirmed it's a bug, even if you add the below it doesn't affect the screen capture, at the moment the only way we've found around is to allow data transfer to all apps, which is not ideal from a security perspective.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T09:34:02+00:00

    Indeed I am and it looks like I'm not the only one struggling to implement the suggested policy.

    I've tried creating a new app configuration policy > Targeted App Config > General configuration settings >added com.microsoft.intune.mam.screencapturecontrol with a value of disabled. Doesn't seem to work, screen shots in Outlook still blank.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T08:33:08+00:00

    I tried to implement it within the "select apps to exempt", but unfortunately, it didn't work out ...
    Could you possibly please send us a step by step instruction?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more