Outlook window on Mac will not let me "shrink" or re-size horizontally (can't make window less wide)

Anonymous
2024-06-13T14:43:58+00:00

Hello, I am not sure what caused this change recently, but suddenly I cannot adjust the size of my Outlook email window on my Apple MacBook Pro screen. For example, I like to have Outlook and Teams open at the same time, and usually shrink them both so they are half width and I can have them side by side. Now, I can longer make the Outlook window slimmer from the left or right. It can only stay full screen width. I can make it shorter from the bottom, still. But that is not what I want. Does anyone know why this suddenly changed, or how to fix it? I have done all the things like quit the app and reload, and restart my whole computer. Thank you.

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T12:51:33+00:00

    This was driving me crazy. Remove as many buttons from your Toolbar as you can and only keep the key ones you use ie, Delete, Reply, Reply All, Forward ect. The window will minimise to the end of the last button on toolbar.

    It worked for me hope it works for you!

    Thank you Donna, this helped me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T10:06:48+00:00

    This was driving me crazy. Remove as many buttons from your Toolbar as you can and only keep the key ones you use ie, Delete, Reply, Reply All, Forward ect. The window will minimise to the end of the last button on toolbar.

    It worked for me hope it works for you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T04:07:56+00:00

    It is to do with the Hide Task Panel toggle

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T04:07:04+00:00

    See the fix - go to Legacy mode then straight back again. It fixes the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T04:06:54+00:00

    See the fix - go to Legacy mode then straight back again. It fixes the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments