Outlook window on Mac will not let me "shrink" or re-size horizontally (can't make window less wide)

Anonymous
2024-06-13T14:43:58+00:00

Hello, I am not sure what caused this change recently, but suddenly I cannot adjust the size of my Outlook email window on my Apple MacBook Pro screen. For example, I like to have Outlook and Teams open at the same time, and usually shrink them both so they are half width and I can have them side by side. Now, I can longer make the Outlook window slimmer from the left or right. It can only stay full screen width. I can make it shorter from the bottom, still. But that is not what I want. Does anyone know why this suddenly changed, or how to fix it? I have done all the things like quit the app and reload, and restart my whole computer. Thank you.

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T11:53:08+00:00

    Solution: Switch to legacy mode and straight back again and the issue should resolve itself. I also noted that clicking the TaskPane causes the issue in the first place. Definitely a change that MS introduced as it wasn't an issue before and the fact that so many people are reporting it smacks of a bug introduced along the way. It is NOTHING to do with the resolution of the screen or accessibility or anything else. MS need to work this issue out for its users and not waste their time suggesting we are all idiots.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T15:48:08+00:00

    exact same issue here. made zero changes or updates and it just started happening.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T09:50:56+00:00

    I'm having the same issue this morning.

    It's causing me a bit of stress this morning trying to work with different windows open and outlook taking over the whole screen. Was working fine yesterday.

    Outlook on Mac: Version 16.87 (24061711)

    teams Version 24137.2012.2930.9819 (24137.2012.2930.9819)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-17T16:15:06+00:00

    I tried switching to legacy mode, too, but I do not like it at all. While it is my personal preference to not change to this version, it still did not fix my issue haha. The legacy version of Outlook still will not let me resize my own window. Glad it worked for you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-17T16:01:40+00:00

    I have switched back to Legacy Mode and the problem has gone away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments