Why is Outlook sending meeting updates to all attendees instead of only those added or deleted?

Anonymous
2024-06-12T21:09:15+00:00

Hello,

I am using Outlook client 1.2024.605.100 with M365. I understand that Microsoft has taken away the user option to send updates to all meeting participants or only those added to or deleted from the list instead of letting the organizer make the decision. The problem is that meeting updates ALWAYS go to ALL participants even though I may have added or deleted just one or two people. Server-side logic is only helpful if it actually works, and I see no evidence that this is the case.

Situation: I add or delete one or two people to a meeting MAKING NO OTHER CHANGES to the invitation. Everyone already on the list receives the invitation again.

Sending a meeting update to 40 people who have already responded just because I have added or deleted one person is NOT helpful. I can find no way to control this unwanted behavior. Please explain how to resolve this issue or how Microsoft plans to resolve it. I have submitted feedback previously, but with no apparent result.

Thank you.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-23T14:59:31+00:00

    I have the same problem - I do not want it to go to all people. just those I have added.

    Its very inconvenient and unnecessarily adds to already full inboxes!!!!!! Especially if it is a large meeting.

    I understand if you were changing the body detail or adding a document. However, I cannot see why the tracking tab is not sufficient if attendees' need to see who is in the meeting ?

    The programmers either didn't ask for a consensus from users, or have a real idea about how this affects different job tasks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-14T21:04:40+00:00

    Same!! This started for me only recently, I have multiple people on multiple invites that I am constantly adding to... even if I select only to added or deleted, it sends to all!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-14T12:41:30+00:00

    No, as of 14 April 2025 our business support team are still getting this.

    Can we please have a reply with an update as to where Microsoft are with a fix, as Im getting constant pressure as staff are being made to look incompetent and I cannot offer any further advice other than to look at this webpage and hope that a fix is near.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T20:49:41+00:00

    I totally agree with all of the comments below. I also feel like participants of the meeting think that I'm incompetent when all of a sudden I start sending updates to ten or more participants, when I only need to add one more attendee. This is very inconvenient and I feel like going back to Old Outlook just to avoid that problem

    Old Outlook is sending updates to all as well. So embarrassing. This should not be that difficult to resolve.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T23:04:47+00:00

    This issue is making my work impossible!! I am constantly needing to add people to work group meetings for a coalition effort and having it email everyone when I just add one person makes me look like an idiot. I don't know how to work around this and it has me totally locked down. If I also use Google that is connected to Office can I make the change on my Google Calendar and not have it do this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments