Why is Outlook sending meeting updates to all attendees instead of only those added or deleted?

Anonymous
2024-06-12T21:09:15+00:00

Hello,

I am using Outlook client 1.2024.605.100 with M365. I understand that Microsoft has taken away the user option to send updates to all meeting participants or only those added to or deleted from the list instead of letting the organizer make the decision. The problem is that meeting updates ALWAYS go to ALL participants even though I may have added or deleted just one or two people. Server-side logic is only helpful if it actually works, and I see no evidence that this is the case.

Situation: I add or delete one or two people to a meeting MAKING NO OTHER CHANGES to the invitation. Everyone already on the list receives the invitation again.

Sending a meeting update to 40 people who have already responded just because I have added or deleted one person is NOT helpful. I can find no way to control this unwanted behavior. Please explain how to resolve this issue or how Microsoft plans to resolve it. I have submitted feedback previously, but with no apparent result.

Thank you.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-11T14:06:58+00:00

    Extremely frustrating that MS has STILL NOT RESOLVED this issue!! You would think something that effects so many would be taken care of. I guess they are too busy trying to work on world depopulation. I really hope someone else comes along and puts this terrible company out of business.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T10:03:57+00:00

    I am using the Mac version 16.94.1

    In Outlook, when viewing the calendar invite I created, I can right-click and forward the invite. The added user is optional, not required, but at least I can add someone to the invite without notifying the whole list of invitees.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-03T16:11:03+00:00

    Has Microsoft fixed this stupidity yet or not? The devil is in the details... and this is a detail that matters an awful lot. Get it fixed please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T10:02:42+00:00

    Yes, the same has happened to me.

    And I would echo other comments here - are MS trying to make us meeting organisers look incompetent in the eyes of senior people!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-02T13:30:44+00:00

    Oct. 1 and I'm not seeing it here either. It's really irritating. What thought process went into making this change in the first place?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments