My account has been hacked and subsequently locked - can I speak to someone to have it unlocked?

Anonymous
2024-08-27T13:22:20+00:00

Dear Microsoft Community,

I was on holiday earlier this month and made the mistake to logging into an unsecure WiFi. The result of this is that my email account was hacked and used to violate Skype's T&C's.

As a result of the above my email account has been locked.

I have tried on numerous occasions to have my account unlocked, however my appeal has been unsuccessful every time...I've attached a copy of the latest response from Microsoft. Other messages from Microsoft have stated that they can not verify my identity....I have offered to send a copy of my passport in order to verify who I am.

I have also written a letter to Ms. Clare Barclay, CEO, Microsoft UK in an effort to get help, however to no avail.

I have used my email account satisfactorily for c20 years, however this seems to account for little.

Can you please help me?

Thank you

Mark king

Hello,   We’ve reviewed your appeal and the results are as follows:Policy violated:   Abuse of our Platform and ServicesMicrosoft system used:  SkypeDate of appeal:  2024-08-26Appeal results: Violation confirmed (Decision upheld)Microsoft’s content and conduct policies help promote a positive and safe experience for users by explaining what behaviors and content are not allowed on our services. www.microsoft.com/digitalsafety/policiesEuropean Union citizens only: Should any appeal you submit to Microsoft not be resolved, you are entitled to select any out-of-court dispute settlement body within the European Union that has been certified by the Digital Services Coordinator of the European Union Member State where the settlement body is established to resolve such dispute. Read more here.Thank you for your feedback.Ref:MSG18270125_IATtPGKvrsBp59lup71

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-18T22:57:15+00:00

    Hi,

    I just wanted to inform all of you that finally I was able to get my account back. They blocked it "permanently" last September.

    For the first time since January I just filled in the most basic form and after 4 days they sent me a code, that was it.

    So, don't give up! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T22:50:36+00:00

    Please can you write the email address with ££ instead of "at" as it was deleted for privacy. Many thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T20:29:42+00:00

    I just emailed buscond@microsoft.com which is Microsoft Legal. Maybe you should do the same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments