Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I found another outlook installed in my PC. Switched to that and it works great...soooo much more functional than the new one...Keith
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I accidently switched my email to the new version!! I wish support would switch my email back to the classic email version!!! thank you!
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I found another outlook installed in my PC. Switched to that and it works great...soooo much more functional than the new one...Keith
Did you ever think of accessibility?
When using a screen reader, this new version is terrible ...
Anyway, i got proved, what I have believed for some time: Microsoft don't give a damn about people with disabilities.
What will be my solusion is thunderbird.
The new outlook stinks, and let the fact that it deletes mails for no reason lay for another day.
All of you using outlook, I wish you luck.
All of you who have common sense, shift to another mail program.
Yes I will rate your reply to 1 star, I can't find that menu, and it is unreasonable I will have to shift back each time i open outlook, and i don't feel like messing around in the registry.
Hi Elsie,
Sure, i'll be glad to help. In the new outlook mail, at top right hand corner you will see Settings.
Hope this helps you. Sadly, if you don't keep your page minimized, it will automatically go back to new fromat again, and you will have to repeat the above steps each time.
hi Frankie, very frustrating as no telephone help from Microsoft now.
Unsure if you have downloaded office 365 in which i have or unless you have the download key.
Nevertheless.
Go to the app section > view all apps on the left-hand side od screen
Scroll down to outlook apps, there will be classic outlook and new outlook. There are 2 apps for outlook
Uninstall new outlook so there is classic only
With office 365 which is a yearly subscription i had to download it again.
Now outlook classic will appear on your computer screen as the preferred outlook viewer, new outlook is not there.
When you view in Apps for outlook there is only classic there, new outlook is not there. Yay
However, in the classic mode there is a toggle on the top right to switch to new outlook. Microsoft are pushing this.
Switching between the 2 outlook versions i think that emails in new outlook are not visible in classic outlook
Emails can be retrieved through Microsoft online help.
Trust all goes good you Mate
Thank you. My tech guy managed to sort it for me. :-)