Microsoft Outlook for Mac Version 16.80 will not sync email automatically

Anonymous
2023-12-13T20:11:06+00:00

It appears this update occurred today. Since the update, Outlook will not automatically bring in email (push setting) and must be manually synced each time. I have found no settings to help fix this. This stopped working concurrently with the update. Please fix this.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-14T17:15:25+00:00

I emptied my Outlook cache and that appears to have fixed it. Right click inbox > properties > empty cache

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T17:53:38+00:00

    Workaround: Enable "sync shared mailboxes" option under settings > accounts > advanced and restart Outlook.

    This worked for me and I am running Legacy Outlook 16.80 on Mac OS 13.6.3. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T17:46:09+00:00

    The workaround with toggling "Sync Shared Mailboxes" seems to be working. Tried it on a clients computer and has been auto-syncing for the past 16 hours.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T01:54:21+00:00

    I did that too and it appears to work. I wouldn't be surprised if the workaround is not removed with the next update. MS seems hell bent on everyone using the much hobbled "New Look".

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T21:11:30+00:00

    Having the same issue with the 16.8 update. Very frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments