New Outlook vs Old Outlook

Anonymous
2023-11-03T02:24:43+00:00

Hi

I see that the previous thread on this topic has been locked. I hope that what I have written below is not considered abuse etc.

  1. Tried to get back to the old outlook. I used the outlook.exe to start "old" outlook. BUT the issue is that I can NO LONGER add accounts even when the account is an outlook account. GMAIL accounts also cannot be added even when I use the server settings from GMAIL. I have tried to manually add and nothing works for these accounts. Functionality that was great has now been dumbed down to a level that reduces it's functionality. Have tried all the security settings and old outlook does not like any of them.
  2. Have tried to add a weblink calendar to Outlook "old" under internet can't be done. Error message is cannot verify or add the calendar in outlook. Please verify the link is a valid calendar link. Was great functionality to add a different work related calendar.
  3. The Old outlook enabled me to save .msg and pst folders to my local directories. I do this so that I can group subjects together. So if I need to review the outlook folder, I can just load the pst file to outlook. This is no longer possible
Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T17:06:42+00:00

    hummm....

    So even though I have Update set to "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows"....

    It actually does nothing! Good to know.

    Right now I am attempting to update Microsoft 365 .... it says it is "downloading" and has been for 10 min or so..... BUT when I look as Task manager there is zero network traffic. Ditto detailed view in resource manager.

    For reference I am sitting behind 1.2Gb/sec internet connection and connected via WiFi at 144Mb/s!

    It is just sad how painfully bad MS software development has become. I guess all the "smart" guys are over working on AI etc....

    If I was a MS Product manager I would monitor answers.microsoft.com like a hawk!

    End Rant

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-03T11:55:49+00:00

    Lee,

    To create a new Outlook profile and add a Gmail account use the steps in this article, Create an Outlook profile - Microsoft Support. We just updated the article because the Mail applet does not support modern auth. Classic Outlook connects to Gmail with OAuth/Modern Auth.

    On the prior page it showed your Outlook version which appears out of date. You are on Current Channel so it should be on Version 2404 Build

    17531.20128, Update history for Microsoft 365 Apps (listed by date) - Office release notes | Microsoft Learn. From Outlook click File, Office Account, Update Options, Update Now to manually update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-03T09:49:59+00:00

    I am sorry to say but, get yourself Firefox.

    So easy to use.

    I came to Outlook but it just does not have the same easy functionality.

    No email rules on the "New Outlook". Really?

    When I open an attachment, no option of where I want to save it. Why?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T17:05:12+00:00

    Hello,

    I've been experiencing very similar to what you are going thru.

    I've attempted to create new profiles with Control Panel after deleting the OST from Local & Roaming., but the auto configure won't find my account.

    It seems to work fine with the New Outlook and online Office.

    The thing that happend before the issue arose was that we are connecting our OFF365 environment to a new Domain & AD. I've only done the sync on my account and after I did it, Outlook crashed and I could not reopen nor reconfig it.

    I've also tried to configure 1 other new user and could not configure "old" Outlook, it would not find his account, but "new" Outlook worked fine.

    Just thought I'd add this info

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-04T00:40:07+00:00

    Hi, thanks for the reply.

    Been following the issue on Google and it still looks like there are issues with new outlook. I remain staggered that Microsoft has made such a departure from functionality that users have been using for many many years.

    I don't think Microsoft monitors the feedback on this site. I feel that they just want to force new outlook onto users and possibly may not care about what negative feedback users are posting.

    Shame really as I loved the old outlook!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments