Cannot delete a contact in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-09-11T06:25:43+00:00

I have a standard bversion of outlook, which I use for hotmail, and am in Windows 10.

There is one email address that I want to remove or at least edit, but although it states it is a contact, it isn't in my contact list and I cannot edit or delete it. I only find it in people when I do a search.

I found the Contact in Google Contacts and permanently deleted it but it keeps popping back up. Any suggestions?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T17:52:54+00:00

    Hi, have you tried my suggestion (see page 2 of this topic) or Robert Laverdure's one (first post of this page)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T16:05:48+00:00

    have tried all you suggest and none work. there must be a way to delete contacts. How do they get into Global address list? I did not put them there. I find that the New Outlook has many aggrevating bugs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T15:58:20+00:00

    Unfortunately doesn't work. It created a new contact which I could delete but the original contact is still present that was automatically added but not really added because I received an email from the person in question. Problem is that she uses a new email but I have 2 emails for her under 2 contacts so I never know which one is the outdated one and I can not delete it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-07T19:11:38+00:00

    Wow, that's amazing. Mine is the same version as yourself and I have done what you said and it seems to work OK.  Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. Kind RegardsValerie

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-06T21:40:23+00:00

    Last call...

    I am curious.

    First of all I have to confirm that we are working in the same environment.

    I am on my PC and using Windows-10. You?

    I am also using Outlook (new).

    Hen you are in OUTLOOK, on the righthand side you should see these icons

    Click the Parameter button.

    Select General and click 'About Outlook'. My Microsoft Outlook Version is 1.2024.1124 (production).

    What is your version?

    Now if you can see your version of Outloook, you should also see, 2 lines above the 'About Outlook' (the button you just clicked) the 'OffLine connexion' that you need to disable

    If you do see OffLine connexion, then click that 'OffLine connexion'. This is were you should find that blue or grey toggle button named 'activate ... offline connexion'

    Disable that feature.

    Hope again that this will help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments