Outlook 2013 keeps asking for my outlook.com password

Anonymous
2023-10-11T15:44:59+00:00

Outlook 2013, which is up to date, keeps asking for my outlook.com password. I have already deleted Credentials as a fix was posted earlier. But it still didn’t not fix the constant request for password.

I created a new profile. Same problem. Could y create a new one because of constant request for password.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-12T17:10:41+00:00

    The constant prompt for p/w started happening after "New Outlook" was forced on me and I suspect it is a way to force everyone to abandon outlook 2013 and move to the new outlook. I personally find the new outlook lacking, or not intuitive. I have tried pretty much all the solutions presented here to no avail, and am considering moving to a new app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T22:56:38+00:00

    Thanks, Gabriel, that explains it all. I was aware of the Outlook for Windows app but hadn't considered it for my three outlook.com and live.com accounts since it's infested with ads. I decided to install Microsoft 365 instead, since my household has a family subscription. That should fix it.

    I installed the free Outlook for Windows app.

    I don't want to use it as a mail reader , but I found that by running it in the background the Outlook2013 outlook.com authentication issues go away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-24T20:41:26+00:00
    1. The app password is temporary. It will still ask it after a while for some reason. So quite useless.
    2. I have other e-mails too, but I like to keep them separate - that is why I have them separately from the beginning. But I understand your point. The e-mail in that sense is functioning and it is an issue between Outlook 2013 and Microsoft/Outlook.com .
    3. This is what I'm doing at the moment =) - but this is not a solution in that sense. This is just coping with the situation, which isn't the way it is supposed to be.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-24T20:38:14+00:00

    I've done that too. Actually, I don't even know, what causes it and what is actually going on in the background, because it is not very ... umm ... stable?

    Right now, every time I turn on my PC and open Outlook, then at first, it wouldn't even open up withou either closing the popup or entering the app password from Microsoft.com. More often I have started to ignore it and just close it from the X. It will show on the bottom status bar that I need to enter a password, but after a while, new e-mails start loading up and it kind of looks like functioning. And that is what I have started to do - ignoring the "Need password" message and it works as strange as it seems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T21:00:24+00:00

    Another workaround that seems to help temporarily is entering an incorrect password once when the repeated prompts to sign in appear, without ticking the box to remember the password, and then entering the correct password and ticking the box to remember. Apparently the wrong password changes or resets something behind the scenes or in the inner workings (possibly because of a different error code being returned) that makes the correct password stick. Worth a try for those of you who are still being prompted repeatedly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments