Add "Resend" email function back into New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-02-28T01:01:34+00:00

Please add the resend email functionality back into the new version of Outlook. This feature is utilized by myself and my team all the time, as each week we make minor changes to the previous weeks emails. I don't want to forward each week's email every time, I just want to hit resend, make any necessary changes, and then send the current updated email only. Not keeping that feature in the new Outlook was a big mistake...

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T14:19:25+00:00

    I use resend multiples times per day at work. Please add this back in. I just started using new Outlook today and had to Google why resend is not a feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-28T18:04:34+00:00

    John and the others,

    Don't you find this as a joke to act that way by MS towards its essential customers?

    Perhaps in the private use it's less common, but in the business environmet it's a must have.

    I send daily tenths of similar emails - d

    several times a day update of the situation.

    I have usually 10-20 addresses incl. 30% BCC.

    I add some new info and repeat all past timeline.

    HOW can you do it without resend opion?

    To many this is a dealbreaker, when for MS can imagine it's 3 lines of simple code.

    Obvoiusly noone cares.

    I will never switch to the new Outlook.

    MS is concentrating on making it for children instead of being productive.

    Same goes to lack of search folders, customized per account signatures, draft message in the correct inbox for shared accounts.

    What a nigtmare. Hope I can remain with the old Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-28T15:21:51+00:00

    Do you know what's really funny? The option to resend has been available in New Outlook for Mac from the inception.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-28T15:04:58+00:00

    Microsoft Team,

    Help me understand this situation. So, you have released the 'NEW OUTLOOK' client, and this thread has been begging you to add this very helpful feature back into your product and I have seen other threads going back to Jan. 2021. So please be transparent and tell us whether this feature "Resend Email" will be added in to the "New Outlook". I work with developer teams and these types of requests should be listed in your DevOps User Stories or as a future feature. A simple inquiry to the development team to find out if it is even listed as a feature/priority in future development for this ever-worsening/devolving product that you are peddling. I am stuck having to use this version as we have been forced onto this "new" platform as nobody informed our email team that this product IS STILL IN PREVIEW. Seriously please answer this question! When will we get the needed old functionality to be able to RESEND an email from my "Sent Items" folder? Please quit saying you will pass this along and find someone who will ask them WHEN WE CAN EXPECT this functionality into your New-PreRelease-half-baked-Outlook client?

    Thank you--John R

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T11:16:55+00:00

    You are right, I have seen the instructions, but there's no RESEND option neither in Web app, nor in new Outlook.

    Interestingly it now appears on Outlook Android mobile app. Hooray!

    You go to "three dots" message menu and there's Resend option.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments