How do we keep formatting when pasting into new signature

Anonymous
2024-01-24T19:48:29+00:00

We are not yet in a directory environment, so use a copy/paste from a Word template or an older sent email to create signatures. When I try to paste a well formatted signature into the signature block (Accounts/Signatures) for New Outlook, there is no way to remember formatting when pasting. Ctrl+V does not keep the font, hyperlinks or graphic. The only easy way I've found to recreate it is to start in the older version of Outlook, create the signature and then switch to the new version. How can we easily do this right in the new version?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T00:27:49+00:00

    I spent over 2 hours making a nice e-mail signature in PPT and then tried pasting in on the desktop version and the web version using Edge. It's mind-blowing that it's 2024, when drones can deliver packages without fail, but we can copy and paste between two Microsoft applications.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-05T17:54:41+00:00

    Thanks William! It's been a while and I have since given up on New Outlook. I went back to the legacy version, bugs and all. I can't believe they released New Outlook without making it bug-free and improved in all aspects. That issue with the signatures not transferring over (with logos and images etc intact) is just inexcusable in my opinion. Thanks again! Ian

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T05:12:58+00:00

    Microsoft, please can you acknowledge these requests and respond?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T16:52:47+00:00

    It seems the source of the copied block makes a difference. When I copied from Word Online and pasted into New Outlook, no formatting was preserved. When I copied the content from Word Desktop, the pasted content retained most formatting. I still couldn't get an image to be pasted together with the block so had to copy/paste the image separately.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T00:31:15+00:00

    I CONCUR... LOUDLY!

    Microsoft, this is a massive oversight. PLEASE give it your immediate attention.

    I have had to resort to a jpeg format for the email signature for my clients with many staff because it is not possible to have them all follow complicated instructions with copying pasting and then reformatting when this should be automatic.

    This is a matter of urgency!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments