App called Outlook(new) is automatically installed despite I uninstall it.

Anonymous
2023-12-21T16:16:59+00:00

I'm a windows 11 user. Few days ago, I saw another outlook app which shows in the start as Outlook(new). I uninstalled it because I have the outlook in my office package, but few days later, it was again installed. I scanned that folder but there is no malware detected. What is this? And why is it installing again after I uninstall it? Is it a malware? Or a legitimate software? Pls advise ASAP.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-21T17:56:16+00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627

This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards, Bambi

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T11:39:00+00:00

    I gave up after trying numerous fixes including editing the registry. I have switched to Gmail. Mail and Calendar didn't have many features, and was pretty much worthless (especially blocking spam), but it was good enough. I found myself being one of the guinea pigs trying the New Outlook when it first was offered, and switched back after it lost all of my Contacts (still haven't recovered them). To be forced to take their "catch-up" email client was not something I wanted to do. They could have posted a flag, just like the try/dismiss flag, telling people they only had a month or two until Mail was no longer supported. As this started the same day that I had problems with Defender (and had to get another antivirus for protection as Defender was too corrupted to fix), I wasted four days between the two of them. Unless I get a new computer (this one will not convert to Windows 11), I will get used to Gmail and the Chrome browser the antivirus installed and replaced Edge on my computer. It seems they are driving away customers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-11T07:56:02+00:00

    Outlook New is useless. If we wanted to use Outlook, we would just bl00dy use Outlook. Windows Mail and Calendar is a convenient compact app that enables users to see all their email accounts and only the required folders they want, to easily and effectively send and receive emails. No one wants Outlook New. It's communist behavior making us use the app when we don't want to. We should have a choice. If I have to hack Windows and block Microsoft from re-installing outlook new I WILL.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T17:22:44+00:00

    I'm having an issue with this too.

    The new Outlook, which I have NO interest in, automatically installed itself. I looked around online, and found that if I uninstalled it, I could go back to using Mail with no difficulty. I've been using Mail in this way for some time now.

    Today, I went to open Mail and found the new Outlook had installed itself. I specifically have NOT clicked on any buttons saying to try the new Outlook, but it's installing the damn thing anyway. How do I stop it doing this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-28T18:56:26+00:00

    Please have a look at this article, it may help:

    Use Classic Outlook, not New Outlook (slipstick.com)

    This is only about having the "old" Outlook hiding the "use new Outlook" toggle.

    I have this registry entry already set. Has nothing to do with the new Outlook getting auto-installed over and over again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments